Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Why ME



When we were out sailing in that gale last week, the wind blew of our windex so it had to be replaced. You have to pay a rigger a minimum of $75.00 to go up your mast so I bit the bullet and let Barry and John & Gail Borkovik haul me up. It wasn't too bad, the boat did not move around like the Annoe used to when someone stepped on and off of it. Our mast also has three steps at the top which I stood on when at the top. I had Barry haul me right up to the top so the harness I had on basically was holding me up and I could work with two hands to put on the windex. (I wear a climbing harness with the main line attached and then a sailing harness around my mid section with the safely line on.) Barry had hauled up a bag of tools on our spinnaker halyard so I just had to root around in it to find what I wanted. There was a great view from the top. It is nice to know that I am able to work up there, I am sure it will be a different story when we are at sea and there are just the two of us aboard, that means I will not have a safety line as well as the main line. I wasn't even shaking too badly when I got down. If you have any questions, we'd love to hear from you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home